Jetson Jetpack 4.6

We are preparing to release a new Jetson-based product. We would like to use Balena’s system to deploy and manage it. However, we are using NVIDIA’s DeepStream 6.0 which requires Jetpack 4.6. From what I can see, Balena doesn’t support Jetpack 4.6, but it looks like it is under development. Can you provide me with information on your timing so that we can make a decision on what tool to use for deployment?

2 Likes

Hi @dwmicksch - we are just beginning to roll out our JetPack 4.6 support now, and already have a few devices released to Staging for testing with. The TX2 NX and the Jetson Nano 4gb RAM versions are the first ones built, and others are forthcoming. What type of Jetson device are you using? Thanks!

2 Likes

Jetson Nano 4gb RAM. Is there any chance I can test with it?

1 Like

Hi @dwmicksch - you sure can! In balenaCloud, you can “Add Device”, and select the Jetson Nano SD-Card (that particular device type is the 4gb model…we use 2gb in the naming convention for the 2gb version).

Just be sure to look close at the instructions in the Pop-up Modal on the page, you have to use the “jetson-flash” utility to directly write the image to the board (with SD Card inserted) via Recovery mode.

Let me know if you get stuck, and I can try to replicate any issues / errors. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @dwmicksch did you succeed installing balena on your Jetson Nano?

Let us know if we can help you more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @dtischler, Very happy to see you’ve released JP4.6 support for Nano 4GB SD Dev kits, I will test this in the new year. Looking forward to it!

Do you have a release date for the Xavier NX SD Dev Kit support for JP4.6?

Thanks and happy christmas!

Hey @ea-andy, I’ve created a GH issue to track this request and will notify our devices team to put it on their radar, but it will still have to be prioritized among other tasks. You can subscribe to notifications on the GH issue but we will also let you know on this thread after it’s been released to production.

Happy Holidays from balena!

1 Like

Hi, we have released the image versions v2.88.4+rev10/rev11 for the Xavier NX Devkit SD-CARD and Xavier NX eMMC, and these are based on L4T 32.6.1 - Jetpack 4.6.

1 Like

Hi @mpous, I can confirm I’ve flashed a Jetson Nano without issues using the Jetson Flash tool. Thanks!

1 Like

Great news! thank you for your confirmation @ea_andy

Hi, thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know how can I see which JetPack version I am using from Balena OS / images ?

I have a container based on Balena Xavier image, but I have no idea which JetPack version it is, actually I don’t even know whether or not there is a jet pack there at all .

I want to use cuda and tensorRT and I can’t install them, it’s awalys a pain make things work with Balena and GPU.

I have access to the fleet and terminal only

Sorry for the delay - yes we are successfully using Balena with Jetpack 4.6.