Humming board discontinued

Hey

Our solution works with humming board actually and we have the ambition to use Balena toolbox to manage devices. We build our custom BalenaOS version 2.41 and it works fine with BalenaCloud. Today I can’t create application with device type hummingboard on BalenaCloud. I can bypass by creating with device type var-som-mx6 but it’s not appropriated.
We would like integrate your tool on our solution. Are there any solutions to continue to use hummingboard application ?

Thanks,
Ben

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we don’t have any plans to reinstate official support for the Hummingboard. However, we do run a community board support scheme, where contributors can maintain a new device type where features/issues are added by the community. We will then host the device images as new versions become available, although we will not carry out our usual testing regime upon them. See here for more information: https://www.balena.io/docs/reference/hardware/versioning/#community

An alternative to this is a custom board support contract, where we’ll maintain this for you. If you’d rather go down that route, I can get a customer success agent to get in contact with you.

Best regards,

Heds

Ok it’s bad for us.

I would like to have more information about contract. What is it the minimum contract to continue our development on our prototype ? What is it the pricing ?

Ben

Hi @benat,

I’ll get someone from our customer success team to contact you to carry on this conversation.

Best regards,

Heds