How to install balenaEtcher

I have downloaded balenaEtcher.1.7.9-x64(1).AppImage (91.5 mb) but when I click on it my Ubuntu 22.04 system won’t read it or do anything. I’m not a sophisticated Ubuntu user and haven’t a clue how to use this to create an Ubuntu flash USB key.

I’m back. I’ve discovered I probably have to compile the source code from the file I downloaded.
How do I do that?

You don’t need to compile, just treat the download as a binary:

~/Downloads> file balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage 
balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped
~/Downloads> chmod +x balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage
~/Downloads> ./balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage 

Alternatively, you can either add a ppa for a deb repo or download a .deb and install locally:

Hello.
Install BalenaEtcher on Linux using simple methods. For those don’t know about Etcher, it is an open-source USB bootable tool that can be used on Windows, Linux or MAC OS platform to help users quickly burn image files to USB devices or flashcards. Etcher is for beginners who need to make their own bootable U disk.

To create a bootable USB Drive using BalenaEtcher on Linux such as Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, CentOS, and more… Just need to select an image file to be flashed like .iso and .img. After that select the USB device you want to burn. BalenaEtcher automatically recognizes the connected drive. Finally, click the “Flash!” button to make a bootable Pen drive.

1: Download Etcher AppImage

2: Run balenaEtcher AppImage

Are you still confused to install then I have an this best option for you.