How do I manually get an Image file ?

How can I manually get an Image file from a developper who does not offer service anymore? I have a corrupt partition after a crash reboot. The developer does not offer support anymore but the image is still supposed to be on the cloud. The filesystem is still good and I can read the config.json file.

@ssbill welcome to the forum - can you give us some more specifics about what you’re doing and what you mean by image? What image was it?

You can try accessing the cloud storage directly using the developer’s credentials or API keys if available. Alternatively, you could use data recovery software to scan the partition for the image file. If you have access to the config.json file, check if it contains any references or paths to the image file on the cloud. If so, you may be able to retrieve it using those details.

I have a 3d printer that runs on balenaos. It crashed during an update and corrupted the system locking on a whitescreen . I can’t get support from the manufacturer so I am trying to find a way to repair it or get a good image to flash a microsd card. I have the API key, uuid, hostname, token how can I find the image with it?

Any tip on how to repair it? I can read the files but can’t get pass a white screen at startup.

Locate the image file within the cloud storage directory and download it to your local system. This can typically be done by clicking on the file and selecting the option to download, or by using the command-line interface provided by the cloud provider.