Fatal: 'resin' does not appear to be a git repository

I’m trying to set up a new TTN Gateway running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+…

I already have it running on a Pi 2 and have created a application for the Pi 3.

The guide that I previously followed and am using for this build is this one TTN Gateway.

I can see my new Pi3 is online in balena, however when attempting to push to it I get the following error:-

$ git push -f resin master
fatal: ‘resin’ does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

I am using the same network connection that was previously used for testing in my Pi1 project so it should not be anything network related. I am on Virgin Media using OpenDNS, but this is also used on my other Pi 1 + 2 projects that work.

Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this issue is greatly welcomed.

Regards

Steve

Hello @safurniss,

Can you confirm that you are inside the folder containing the Dockerfile?
If you go to the balena dashboard, you can update the git remote to balena instead or resin.

Example:
git remote add balena <user>@git.balena-cloud.com:<user>/<project>.git

Then try:
git push balena master --force

Let me know if this helps otherwise I will keep helping.

Cheers

Fantastic… it worked… the guide that I was following was created when it was resin and hasn’t been updated for balena.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi there, Can you point the guide that you were following, it would be great to get that updated so others don’t hit the same issue.
Thanks
Shaun

The guide is here https://github.com/kersing/ttn-resin-gateway-rpi.
I contacted Jac Kersing who host this git project but it has been archived now so no changes can be made. He has pointed my to jpmiers on github who also was used for contributions.
I will see if his has been updated to reflect the bales change.

I’ve just checked the jpmiers guide here https://github.com/jpmeijers/ttn-resin-gateway-rpi.
This has been updated to reflect the changes.

Great, thanks for letting us know it’s been updated!