Error: grpc: the connection is unavailable

@CameronDiver It is throwing the same error for me too. Can I do anything on my end to prevent this.? I am building on arm03.

The builders started to exhibit the same issue, and more than one at the same time. We’ve resolved this (https://status.balena.io/incidents/qqv4gghv3r5f) but we’re actively investigating what caused this to happen.

If you hit this again, please let us know! Cheers.

@imrehg @CameronDiver
I am getting the same error again today.

Can confirm this issue persists again today.

[Info] Building on arm03
[main] grpc: the connection is unavailable

arm01 appears to be working currently. Although as the only working server (arm02 doesnt seem to be in rotation) it’s quite difficult (1/30 attempts) to get a build on that server.

1 Like

I am getting it again today. It was intermittent yesterday. I am building on arm03.

I can confirm that we had an issue with arm03 and it has been resolved now. Could you please confirm that you can make builds OK now?

Thanks

@richbayliss I can confirm I was able to complete a build on arm03 just now.

Arm03 is failing with this error again.

[main] grpc: the connection is unavailable

@SplitIce same for me.

I’ve started getting only emulated builds now. So it looks like (automated?) action has been taken.

Unfortunately the balena emulated builds don’t work for us (architectural differences that result in a luajit build with support for instructions the Allwinner H3 does not have).

My last 2 builds have made it further, not getting the grpc error. Getting stuck at the end of processing at:

[Info] Still Working..

Currently trying another build to make sure it’s not something hanging in our script.

Can confirm the hang on arm03 (the only arm builder currently active?) occurs after the final command in our dockerfile.

It did eventually finish (… hours) with the following message:

[Info] Uploading images

[Error] An error occured: connect ECONNREFUSED 147.75.79.54:2376
[Error] Not deploying release.

This error has also been seen:

[main] (HTTP code 404) unexpected - {“message”:“stat /var/lib/docker32/tmp: no such file or directory”}

Hi,

There was a transient issue with the builders.

They are OK now. If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know!

Issue is back again arm01.

It should be working properly now. We are actively working to prevent this issue in future.