copy fleets variables

Hello,

How can I copy or move variables from fleets to another fleets in the same organization?

Firat

Hello @Firat

i’m not sure this is possible in an easy way. However i found this suggestion using a script on balena cli. Did you see this?

Hello @mpous

thank you for your answer, I will try to make another script that loops on the fleet variables and copies them to another fleet.
To be continued…

1 Like

Keep us updated @Firat :slight_smile:

good news @mpous :grinning:
I developed a solution, available on my gitHub : GitHub - MiroYld/balena-copy-envs: copy your environment variables from fleet a to fleet b

Firat

1 Like

This is awesome @Firat

Thank you for sharing!

Let us know how we can help you more :slight_smile:

What would be interesting would be to deploy this functionality on the balena interface, I would also like the balena cli to allow us to copy a variable to a fleet for a specific service and for a specific device

Hi there,

We now have a site here: https://roadmap.balena.io/ that will allow you to suggest this improvement - we are using this site to monitor demand for features from our users - others who like your suggestion may upvote it, and it is recorded somewhere. I’d suggest that you share your idea here as its a good one!