CNAME conf error. Haproxy fail (sorry)

Hello all,

Sorry for this question, because its surely a newbie question but i am stuck at

haproxy_1 | [ALERT] 107/100013 (16) : parsing [/usr/local/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:76] : ‘server balena_api_1’ : could not resolve address ‘api’.
haproxy_1 | [ALERT] 107/100013 (16) : parsing [/usr/local/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:82] : ‘server balena_registry_1’ : could not resolve address ‘registry’.
haproxy_1 | [ALERT] 107/100013 (16) : parsing [/usr/local/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:88] : ‘server balena_vpn_1’ : could not resolve address ‘vpn’.
haproxy_1 | [ALERT] 107/100013 (16) : parsing [/usr/local/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:94] : ‘server balena_s3_1’ : could not resolve address ‘s3’.
haproxy_1 | [ALERT] 107/100013 (16) : parsing [/usr/local/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:104] : ‘server balena_vpn_1’ : could not resolve address ‘vpn’.
haproxy_1 | [ALERT] 107/100013 (16) : parsing [/usr/local/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:129] : ‘server balena_vpn’ : could not resolve address ‘vpn’.
haproxy_1 | [ALERT] 107/100013 (16) : parsing [/usr/local/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:134] : ‘server balena_vpn’ : could not resolve address ‘vpn’.

I have follow the tutorial stricly, and i really dont get why those addresses are not resolved.
The doc said that i need to conf CNAME according to my server.

So, if my domain is:
edge.mydomain.io (A to the IP of the server)

s3.edge.mydomain.io (CNAME to edge.mydomain.io)
vpn.edge.mydomain.io (CNAME to edge.mydomain.io)
api.edge.mydomain.io (CNAME to edge.mydomain.io)

i tried CNAME and A type. But… haproxy said just the same.

etc…
right ?

Hello, Charles.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’ve had a few users interested in running haproxy and balena. Check out the starter guides cited in this thread. TL;DR: Users find success in editing/augmenting wifi-connect and creating their own networking config to get this going. Please take a look and let us know how else we can help.

Actullay, i past the OPENBALENA logs of haproxy. It runs on ubuntu… not on Pi. I dont get why it is related to wifi-connect ?