Hi @tampe125 – thanks for your post. Currently, port 443 is core and fundamental to the operation of openBalena, and we do not support changing this. (You can read more about this in an earlier forum post here.)
I tried some quick experiments on my own installation of openBalena (starting with the instructions here, and here’s what I found:
- I was able to modify
./compose/services.yml to use port 4430 and port 8080. Restarting the
haproxy service showed that it was now using those ports.
- I was able to modify my
~/.balenarc to point at this new port:
balenaUrl: "openbalena.example.com:4430". After that,
balena login and
balena apps worked.
- I had to manually modify the
config.json file on a device to set the port. After that, the device was able to register with the API, and showed up with
- However, attempting to deploy an application did not work: the CLI was attempting to connect to port 443, not port 4430.
As you can see, this is not a simple procedure. (And just one more time, we don’t support this. ) It’s probably easiest to run this on a separate instance.
If you’d like to dig further into this, or submit a feature request, you can find the repo at https://github.com/balena-io/open-balena.
Thanks for your question. If you manage to make further progress on this, let us know!
All the best,