Cannot find AP on wifi network with wifi-connect

Hello, I’m having trouble with the wifi-connect and I was hoping for some advice as I have hit a wall.
I have a Raspberry PI 3 b+. I attempted to install the wifi-connect based on the documentation.

1. I enabled SSH
  2. I download the bash file in terminal: bash <(curl -L https://github.com/balena-io/wifi-connect/raw/master/scripts/raspbian-install.sh)
  3. I added a system script: sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/wifi-connect-start.service
  4. I added the following:
    [Unit]
    Description=Balena wifi connect service
    After=NetworkManager.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/home/pi/start-wifi-connect.sh
Restart=on-failure
StandardOutput=syslog
SyslogIdentifier=wifi-connect
Type=idle
User=root

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

1. I enabled: sudo systemctl enable wifi-connect-start.service
  2. I disabled wifi with : $ nmcli connection delete name_or_uuid
    So that the wifi-connect would load up once a wifi connection could not be established.
  3. I rebooted. However, I cannot find a wifi-connect AP on my network to connect to. I also tried writing a system script to sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/wifi-connect-start.service to no avail. Any pointers as to what I did wrong or what to do next? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Welcome to the forums!

[Unit]
Description=Balena wifi connect service
After=NetworkManager.service
[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/home/pi/start-wifi-connect.sh
Restart=on-failure
StandardOutput=syslog
SyslogIdentifier=wifi-connect
Type=idle
User=root

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

based on the line ExecStart=/home/pi/start-wifi-connect.sh can you confirm what this script contains?

looking at the defaults in the install script, the binary would be at /usr/local/sbin/wifi-connect. maybe you can try with ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/wifi-connect?

Hi @romarcin !

I just want to check if you are still having problems with wifi-connect? If so, have you been able to try out Rahul’s recommendation yet?

Kind regards
Alida