Can we install balenaetcher on FreeBSD 13

Hello guy

i see balenaetcher is compatible MacOs, windows, linux almost with all OS but i ask myself if i can install balenaetcher on FreeBSD and how if ever?

Have great day

Hi, Chris, great question. It should be fairly straightforward to support FreeBSD, but we don’t currently have a machine to build for FreeBSD in our build system, so that would need to be added.

For now though, I am currently working on documentation for the Etcher/Etcher SDK which will include build instructions, and I could include instructions for FreeBSD, which would allow you to build for FreeBSD yourself, until we add FreeBSD support to our (concourse) build system.

Check back in a couple of weeks for the docs, and they should be done.

hello i will get all informations i can because I’m very interested, FreeBSD is great system ,nowadays I think that the developers should be interested in this system.

Thank you

Hello guys, any update about balenaetcher on FreeBSD

Thank you in advance

no news :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Hi, Chris, so sad news is that I don’t really need this for the plugin system that I’m creating for the etcher, but I will go ahead and release the docs for building etcher, which will allow you to build for Free BSD until we officially support FreeBSD. I will try to get that done today.

Thank you for reminding me!