Bluetooth questions on Rasp 3

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for all the balena ecosystem and balenasound. I’me not a programer but an occasionnal diy maker and I found it really easy to set up.

I got issues, I’ve spend some time reading about those issues, but I don’t really know if I can resolve them without bluetooth dongles. Let me explain!

I got two pi 3 with balenasound on it, spotify multiroom works fine.
I’m not using the Wifi connection, my house got rj45 plugs every 5 meters (I renovated the house mysefl)
Can I, in those conditions, deactivate wifi and use the integrated bluetooth chip ?

I got those errors on both raps actually :

audio E: [bluetooth] a2dp-codec-sbc.c: SBC decoding error (-2)
audio E: [bluetooth] module-bluez5-device.c: Decoding error

So, should I try to deactivate Wifi ? Should I try to set the baud rate to 460800 ? Should I try to donwgrade my devices in v2.38.0+rev1 ? Should I buy BT dongles ?

I got an other issue with one of the devices, I can’t pair my phone with it, their is something going wrong with the automatic pincode. Any tips ?

Thanks !

I found some old BT dongles in my family drawers and tried them. It did not solve the stuttering problem. So I downgraded to 2.38.0+rev1 and it worked fine on both devices.

Hi @bouby, did the downgrade to 2.38.0+rev1 still working fine?

Hi,
Yes it does. I’m using it right now.

Great! Let us know if you have any other issues

Well, actually I was wondering if any docker could be used as a running os. I mean, add a docker to balena sound i could run usual debian commands in.

Hey @bouby, if you are referring to running any docker image in balena then yes. You can services to the docker-compose.yml file in balenaSound that run any image you like. Since you mentioned debian, you can add Docker Hub for example. We even have a wide selection of images for various OS’s that are optimized to be used in balenaOS: Base Image List - Balena Documentation

Ok, thank you. I can’t simply add another docker to my existing one? I have to build another release mixing balena-sound and an additional docker am I right?
As an example, I got two raspberries running Adguard home. If I build an Adguard + additional docker and push it to my fleet, do I loose my configuration files on Adguard?
I’m feeling like a complete noob, I’m not used to this type of usage of my raspberries lol.

Hi @bouby

You can additional docker services to an existing device. Just ensure that they are not exposing the same ports - to talk each other or the outside world - or there would be conflicts.