Blinking an LED on a raspberry pi using rust_gpiozero

Hi all,

I am the author of the rust_gpiozero crate. It is a port of the python GPIOZero library from the Raspberry Pi foundation using the rust programming language. It provides a simple interface to GPIO devices.

I created a sample project based on the balena-rust-hello-world by the balena team.

The project blinks an LED attached to pin 17 on a raspberry pi. It also uses service variables to configure the blinking settings, i.e the number of seconds to stay on or off.

The project can be found here:

https://github.com/rahul-thakoor/balena-rust-blink

Using balena to build rust projects is just awesome. I am thinking of using this workflow to further develop rust_gpiozero!

Let me know if you find this project helpful and would like to see more rust projects! Any suggestions to improve the project are more than welcome. I am also learning along the way!

Thanks,
Rahul

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you so much for being an active part of our community. We are excited to see rust and balena coming together more and more, please let us know if you need any assistance along the way.
Kind regards,
Theodor

1 Like

Thanks! So far the guides have been very helpful! Great work.

Thanks for sharing @rahul! Hey @zrzka you might like this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @chrisys! @rahul, that’s great! I’d like to see more projects in Rust :wink: Feel free to ping me if you’d like to have Rust assistance. Happy to help!

Thanks, @zrzka! I would really appreciate some code reviews … I will be doing some more tutorials soon :slight_smile: