Balena wpe browser

I having been trying to get the balena wpe example project to work.

The display works fine, but I have had zero luck trying to get the touchscreen working.

I am using HOST OS VERSION - HOST OS VERSION
[balenaOS 2.43.0+rev1]

I have tried adding the driver as mentioned here - as I am using the MPI3508 board.

I am using a Raspberry Pi B3+

Any help debugging this is appreciated.

Hi,

So at this point I think it is important to start from the basics.

In the hostOS, do you see /dev/input/eventX?
e.g. If /dev/input/event0 is touchscreen. If you cat /dev/input/event0, do you see anything on the console when you tap on the screen. If you do the basic driver is working.

Then we can move inside the container. It should be a privileged container, then we repeat the above for inside the container. Then we can look into wpe specific things.

Regards
ZubairLK

1 Like

Ok… I have this as my dt-overlay piscreen,speed=24000000,rotate=270

and i see a directory /dev/input/touchscreen0 which is a link to event0

If I cat the file, i don’t see any inputs coming to the screen when in tap the touchscreen

1 Like

Ok… when I change the dt_overlay to this: ads7846,cs=1,penirq=25,penirq_pull=2,speed=50000,keep_vref_on=0,swapxy=1,pmax=255,xohms=150,xmin=200,xmax=3900,ymin=200,ymax=3900
(which i had working for another project (electronjs) , i am getting inputs on the host container.

I also am seeing them in the wpe container when i can the /dev/input/touchscreen0 file.

However, the events don’t seem to reach the wpe display / browser. Any Ideas where to look next?

1 Like

Interesting. It I don’t pass an environment variable URL, but only try loading via the command line cog program, inputs didn’t seem to get to the browser.

I think my xmin, ymin values were off in the program i was using. I seem to recall a program to calibrate the x,y values… let me see what i can find.

1 Like