Advice on supporting a new base image

Hi guys,

Firstly you’ll be pleased to know that at long last we’re just about to push the go button on a “pilot” paid subscription for a WiFi security product we are developing.

As a part of this I’ve been looking into some security questions and am thinking it could be useful to use Kali Linux for the RPi as a base image on Belana.

Can you point me in the right direction e.g. docs or whatever for how to get the current “StickyFingers” release into a format, presumably on Docker Hub so that it can be used as a FROM image by the Balena Dockerfile ?

Thanks!

Alex

Heya !
That’s some awesome news, thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

For the custom base images question - here’s the full documentation - https://www.balena.io/docs/reference/base-images/custom-docker-base-images/
But in short - there is handy template in the article that you can edit to get a custom image built and then you can publish to any public Docker repo, Dockerhub is quite fine there.

Hope this helps and let us know the results :slight_smile:

Awesome - thanks. Have been playing with Kali for RPi today and I have fallen in love with it.

I really want to be able to use this as a base image on Balena. Will do all I can to progress it and let you know :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Alex