Wiping an internal SSD so balena can see it

Alright here’s a tricky one I cannot seem to find anywhere.

I’m trying to flash a custom Ubuntu program (minerstatOS, used for crypto mining)

Now, after some research, Balena cannot see the SSD due to it having a raid configuration. However this configuration is seemingly hard coded to the SSD from the factory by Crucial (micron). I tried using DISKPART through CMD to wipe it and reformat it, however the raid config is still there. I tried using a disk partitioning software to wipe it. However this pesky RAID partition will STILL not be removed. I tried reformatting it in every possible format windows offers. Still nothing

I cannot make the SSD a clean wipe with a single partition

I’m stumped

(Edit - this SSD is not the SSD used by my.operatikg system, it’s an additional one I’ve bought and plugged into my laptop)

Hi @dyrie, welcome to the Forums. The only thing I can think of, is to try using “gparted” or the native “Disks” utility on an Ubuntu PC (or virtual machine), and see if that can effectively delete all partitions on that SSD. I have had good luck with both of those in the past, when trying to remove stubborn partitions. :slight_smile:

Thankyou for the response!

I’ll give it a try when I get home