Vivante drivers on IMX8Plus

Hi there,

I’m working on a project with a Compulab IOT-GATE-IMX8PLUS and I’m trying to run a Qt application in a docker container.
The balenaOs image I’m using is the 2.113.31+rev1 and the base image for the docker container is balenalib/iot-gate-imx8plus-debian:bullseye-20230911.

When I try to run the application, I get the following error:
MESA-LOADER: failed to open vivante: /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
failed to load driver: vivante

If I try to use the open-source Etnaviv drivers, I get the following error:
Running on a software rasterizer (llvmpipe), expect limited performance.

I’ve checked the Host OS and the Docker container and I can’t find the Vivante drivers installed on either.
Is there a way to enable this?

Many thanks

Nicolas

Hi, balenaOS is a minimal hostOS specialized in running container workloads - all the graphical support, qt, mesa, openGL, vivante driver needs to be included along with the application. We currently don’t have a reference example to show case this functionality, but we do work with partners that are able to implement this type of solutions.
Please let us know if you would like our customer success team to contact you to discuss options.

1 Like