Upstream API server/DB error: delta1 that originates from an image1...

Have been pushing successfully all day, when suddenly I’m encountering this error

Upstream API server/DB error: It is necessary that each image that is produced by a delta1 that originates from an image1, is produced by at most one delta that originates from the image1 and has a version that is of the delta1 and has a status that is equal to "success".

I’ve reverted my git repo back to versions that were pushing just fine earlier, and still getting that error.

Is something else up with the Balena servers? What am I doing wrong? I can’t find anything on this error through searching.

There was an outage.

If ever someone else with a similar issue ever comes across this forum post, and is confused like I was, check Balena status here.
https://status.balena.io/

Well actually, outage looks resolved, but I still cannot push an update.
:frowning:

You’re not alone. I’ve been getting this error in the last couple hours. Now on my balenaCloud releases page for my fleet I’m seeing all my release attempts as either “Cancelled” or “running” despite them all being local builds, and none of the releases that I’ve tried have succeeded.

Turning the --debug flag on for the balena deploy command ends with:

===usual deploy messages truncated===
[Debug]   Creating project...
[Info]    Everything is up to date (use --build to force a rebuild)
[Info]    Creating release...
[Error]   Deploy failed      
It is necessary that each image that is produced by a delta1 that originates from an image1, is produced by at most one delta that originates from the image1 and has a version that is of the delta1 and has a status that is equal to "success".

BadRequestError: It is necessary that each image that is produced by a delta1 that originates from an image1, is produced by at most one delta that originates from the image1 and has a version that is of the delta1 and has a status that is equal to "success".    
    at wrapResponseError (C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\balena-release\build\models.js:48:19)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async createImage (C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\balena-release\build\api.js:80:19)
    at async C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\balena-release\build\api.js:43:21
From previous event:
    at processImmediate (internal/timers.js:456:21)
    at process.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:137:15)
From previous event:
    at Object.create (C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\balena-release\build\api.js:38:20)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async createRelease (C:\snapshot\volume\build\utils\compose.js:113:40)
    at async runSpinner (C:\snapshot\volume\build\utils\compose_ts.js:797:16)
    at async deployProject (C:\snapshot\volume\build\utils\compose_ts.js:747:22)
    at async DeployCmd.deployProject (C:\snapshot\volume\build\commands\deploy.js:150:27)
    at async DeployCmd.run (C:\snapshot\volume\build\commands\deploy.js:50:25)
    at async DeployCmd._run (C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\@oclif\command\lib\command.js:43:20)
    at async Config.runCommand (C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\@oclif\config\lib\config.js:175:24)
    at async CustomMain.run (C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\@oclif\command\lib\main.js:27:9)
    at async CustomMain._run (C:\snapshot\volume\node_modules\@oclif\command\lib\command.js:43:20)
    at async C:\snapshot\volume\build\app.js:72:13
    at async Promise.all (index 2)
    at async oclifRun (C:\snapshot\volume\build\app.js:90:5)
    at async Object.run (C:\snapshot\volume\build\app.js:102:9)
    at async run (C:\snapshot\volume\bin\balena:20:2)

For further help or support, visit:
https://www.balena.io/docs/reference/balena-cli/#support-faq-and-troubleshooting

Likewise - I started getting this error about an hour ago, and couldn’t figure out what was going on. The status page reports everything is operational, but I can’t get any balena push to go through without this error.

Same here. Built successfully around 3 hours ago, but have been getting this error ever since. This is an extremely unhelpful error message unfortunately, but I assume it’s related to the incident reported this morning that was supposedly fixed? Maybe the fix didn’t quite work?

Hi all, we are currently restarting the builders and backend infrastructure, looks like some of our processes are failing at the moment. Thanks for the report, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi all, our builder experienced an outage earlier today which we posted to our status page (https://status.balena.io). This issue should be resolved now so you can retry your deploy. We will be posting a post-mortem soon.