Testing migration tool

I’d like to try out the migration tool for moving existing remote RaspberryPi’s (3B+) to balenaOS. https://github.com/balena-io-playground/balena-migrate suggests I should ask here…

Hi Steve, thanks for reaching out on the forums. Unfortunately the two chaps with the most knowledge on the migration tool are out on leave until Monday, so they might take a little bit of time to get back to you, but I think in the meantime it might be worth detailing your current OS setup, i.e. is it running raspbian, how does it connect to the internet (cellular/wifi?) and would it require migrating specific data and configuration like wifi configuration, since it might be switching networkmanagers.

I’ve PM’d @shaunmulligan but perhaps one of the ‘two chaps’ mentioned are back in now who can help?

Hi Steve, could you share that information here?

Hi Steve, I responded to you in private. Currently the migrate project you point to is not maintained and is deprecated, We are working with some users/customers to develop the new version of this, so would be great to bring you into that testing too. Thanks for the patiences on this!

1 Like