Terminal giving "rpc error" over and over again

looks like the problem disapperas if we don’t want to write /data from the Dockerfile

Having the same issues… output of the Raspberry PI 3 is completely white, and getting ‘’ when trying to login trough SSH. UUID is: a9f5170544e4e86f18897e0001bd42a5. Granded support access.

Any update on this. I still get the error occasionally and it can be
quite frustrating…

Roy

Internal discussions have yielded a couple of interesting nuggets of wisdom, so I’m passing them on.

it’s not a single issue - any problems that docker has starting the container will appear with that error message

so basically it could mean a bunch of things, like:

• the image is for a different architecture
  • the CMD or ENTRYPOINT are invalid, not executable, or nonexistent
  • the image has a file at a folder that is bind mounted in the container
  • docker is out of memory

one of the users talked about writing /data from the Dockerfile… that’s one of the things that breaks

2 Likes

Are you still interested in devices doing this just got it again on a device that I really need to get into with a shell.
“rpc error: code = 2 desc = invalid character ‘e’ looking for beginning of value”

Raspberry pi 1
Resin OS 2.2.0+rev1 (prod)
Supervisor Version 6.1.2

Hey @JoachimLindborg, would it work for you updating the resinOS version to the latest one? Would recommend trying that, since the 2.2.0+rev1 release has been quite a while ago and a lot of things changed since.

I’ve got reason to believe this issue is still occurring (we have been seeing it since early 2018 when we started with resin).

I’ve created a new issue with the results of our debugging: Balena exec failures

I hope this helps anyone who finds this thread via Google.

How would one be able to verify it docker is out of image. It seems like there are no docker commands possible from the host.

Hi. In newer resin OS versions we use our own docker container engine called “balena”.