Our setup can be described as follows:
- Two measurement devices are connected to a Raspberry 3 via USB Serial connection
- Serial devices run at 1000000 baud
- A NodeJS based application is able to read out serial data from the two measurement devices
- The serial devices are correctly recognised within the application as
This setup works reliably in the following situations:
- NodeJS code deployed on Barebone Pi (Raspbian Image)
- NodeJS deployed using Docker Image (based on Resin docker templates) on Raspbian OS (installed docker)
However, when I try to deploy the application (and hence the image) using a ResinOS on the pi and upload it through Resin.IO it starts working very unreliably. Serial data comes in mixed up, causing the app to be unable to parse incoming data and ultimately no serial data input anymore…
I’m unable to find the root cause of this issue. As the docker image on a Raspbian host device works like a charm, and the physical setup was left unchanged (only switched SD cards) this might be an issue on the underlying ResinOS.
Hopefully someone on this forum can lead me the way how to get this to work reliably on Resin.