Rpi4 container fails after some time, multiple devices

I’m having an issue with my container failing to spawn a shell after say 30 minutes. It runs fine on first boot but then disconnects and im hit with
OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused “process_linux.go:93: starting setns process caused “fork/exec /proc/self/exe: no such file or directory””: unknown
I know this has been mentioned in other forums but not sure how to further debug this.

Thanks

Hello @drosegw
Please could you tell us which device type and which version of balena OS you are using.
Thanks

Raspberrypi 4 4&8GB, balena version balenaOS 2.75.0+rev1

Is the Device Diagnostics all green? It’s in the Diagnostics tab

Yes all green,

I have upgraded to prototype plan and getting on device support. Looks like it may be some issue with balena/ high load container i’m running.

I can update with a resolution. Thanks for the follow up.

Hi,

could you describe what kind of load you’ve seen this happen under, like sustained load/bursts/etc? I’m trying to put together a reproduction on my own device, to see if we can do anything to make it more stable…

Hey yep!

Im having much better results with the SanDisk extreme vs Samsung evo btw.

I am trying to sync a full chia node…

I wonder if the faster read/write speeds of using an SSD versus an SD Card would help alleviate this issue, as per here: Booting from SSD raspberry pi 4

Yes I plan on using high speed HDDs but waiting for GPT support.

:+1: