RPi does not boot after Wifi-connect installed

Hello to everyone, I would ask for help related to Wifi-connect. I am installing the wifi-connect on a raspberry pi 3 and raspberry pi 2 with a dongle. I tried with Bullseye and Buster and both RPis, I have the same problem. After the installation of wifi-connect, I am rebooting the RPis and they are not booting properly, actually, I have no video output at all. First I tried to reboot the RPis immediately after the installation of wifi-connect, the second try was with wifi-connect activated and connected to a wifi network. after both of these tries after PRi reboot I have no access to the RPi, just no video output. Also, I disabled in raspi-config the requirement for the network to be connected to finish the booting process. Any suggestions what could be the problem?

Hi Jovan,
I’d like to ask some clarifying questions. Are these devices appearing online? What is their status? Also are you able to share any logs with us?
Kind regards,
Julia

Hi Julia, I tried to recreate the problem to check what you have suggested, and the first finding was that I still have ping to the device, but the second finding was that I am losing video output even after apt update and upgrade and restarting the RPi by unplugging the power supply (no need to install the wifi-connect to lose the video signal). This means it is not related to wifi-connect. I think it is related to some corruption of the OS software. Thank you very much. Best regards, Jovan.

Hi Jovan,
Are you by any change able to reprovision another device with the same setup? I think being able to replicate this behavior might lead to more answers.
Kind regards,
Julia

Oh whoops, I’m just seeing now that you had this setup on two devices. Without the logs, it’s hard to diagnose further. Do you see any errors in the terminal on your dashboard?

Hi Jovan, Just checking to see if you had any success with your issue; if you can share some device logs we may be able to further assist. Thanks!

Hi bucknalla, I just found out that sometimes for an unknown reason, after a hard restart (unplug the power source) I am losing video output. I recreate the situation many times with different devices. I am using Raspberry Pi Imager and in one of the experiments, I enabled SSH just to check if the Pi works fine after losing the video signal. I can connect to the device independently whether I have installed wifi-connect or not. Thank you to all for the engagement to solve my issue. Best regards,

No problem, thanks for letting is know! Do you still believe this is related to wifi-connect and/or balenaOS?

I am sure it is not related to wifi-connect because it happens before the installation of wifi-connect. Best regards, Jovan.

Review the configuration files related to booting (e.g., cmdline.txt, config.txt) to make sure there are no conflicting settings or misconfigurations that could prevent proper booting.

Double-check that you followed the installation instructions for wifi-connect correctly. Make sure you installed all the necessary dependencies and performed the installation steps without any errors.