Release builds getting "cancelled" unexpectedly.

Hey Kyle,

That is pretty unexpected and a little disappointing to be honest. As I described a few comments earlier in response to @ab77’s question (Release builds getting "cancelled" unexpectedly.), local builds do not work for us for a few different reasons.

We have multiple developers working on independent things in different timezones, plus automated CI. Trying to coordinate builds among even just two developers has proven to be tricky, especially since the builds currently take much longer than expected due to unnecessary delta generation.

I’m not entirely shocked that a single user can’t start multiple builds in parallel, though it would be nice, particularly if using different auth tokens, say from different machines. For example, if I’m trying to resolve issues for different customers, I would like to be able to kick off two builds right away if needed. I am however quite surprised that builds aren’t at least distinguished by user. Isn’t that the point of having multiple developer accounts? Really though, since each release is assigned a unique hash, it would seem like they should be treated independently and should be able to build in parallel.

If nothing else, having the build suddenly claim to be “cancelled” with no error explaining why is definitely not good…

1 Like