Quectel EG25-G AT commands

Currently testing the Quectel EG25-G modem in combination with an UP2 board. Following cellular-modem-setup brought the board online out of the box.

So far so good, however when I want to test AT functions from HostOS using

microcom /dev/ttyUSB2

I’m not able to input any AT commands and need to exit with ctrl+x. Not sure what’s going on here. Somebody experienced this issue before?

I’ve granted support access if somebody from the Balena team is able to take a look.
UUID: 09a0c9bc1c709ffedfa3b920778d57e3

Hi Willem,

Our supported way of sending AT commands is through Modem Manager, you can do that by using: mmcli -m 0 --command="ATI"

For you to be able to use microcom while the modem is being managed by modem manager, the modem would need to support multiple AT ports. We would still recommend you go through modem manager, since it’s managing the connection.

Hope this helps you with the issue.

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the heads up, that explains a lot. However, next step is to get GPS data through Modem Manager. The following command is necessary in order to enable GNSS for Quectel;
mmcli -m 0 --command="AT+QGPS=1"

NMEA traces can be seen in /dev/ttyUSB1 accordingly (without fix because antenna is not connected). How would one get location data through Modem Manager in this case?

Hi, one of our colleagues put together an example that might be useful. You can take a look at it here:

Let us know if that answers your questions or feel free to reach out again if you face any issues.