PiHole - Unable to access Pi-Hole Dashboard : tunneling socket could not be established: 500

Hello Kaisoz !

I removed the two variables and now all seems to be back to normal in terms of accessing the Admin panel and removing the error ‘DNS resolution is currently unavailable’.

Here is the diagnostics file: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f309e50b9853fe11c5aee3e32759a8e220200605093613/bb17e004b7c8f4abc45d1da3870ab45e20200605093638/07d3d2

Can you let me know if I should now consider things fixed for good or if we should continue investigating to figure out what caused the issue? :slight_smile:

Anyhow, thanks a lot for all the help !

Hi there, happy to hear the trick has worked for you.
The Dnscrypt service is optional for the PiHole and the conflicts you were experienced are a known issue.
The way we usually use Pi-hole without the dnscrypt part and leave the two DNS params empty.
So I think we could close this conversation.

Please let me know if you experience any further issues and we’ll be happy to help.
Georgia

I think the subject of this thread can indeed be closed. However, can you provide me with a link to the know issue/conflict existing between PiHole and Dnscrypt ?
It’s really their combination that made me interested in this Rasperry Pi project to begin with, so I’ll be monitoring the progress to be sure to reactivate it when possible :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for your feedback on the matter.

Oh, I am sorry my bad. Actually I don’t have an open issue available.
While discussing with our engineers, they mentioned that The Dnscrypt service is optional for the PiHole and the conflicts you were experienced were kind of expected and this is not how we usually work.

Georgia

Hi again.

I added back the two variables for DNScrypt to work, and all seems fine.
So I guess you can close this thread indeed.

Thanks again for the help and overall support. Great to see my issue was acknowledged and addressed by you guys ! You’re awesome. Have a great weekend !

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Have a nice weekend as well

Où faut-il rajouter ces variables DNScrypt ?