observed balenaos, is the ought to provider manditory for conversation?

i am approximately to construct my first home assistant and am pretty new to the sport. i just discovered balena and observe they’ve their own os and documentation on how to run home assistant. the query is;

i do not wan’t to run a gadget thats dependend on a cloud provider and that i cannot discover if the balenacloud is purely for the deployment of your code and many others, or if it is also important for the home assistant to communicate with other devices. my go to alternative become going to be using zigbee. could someone please make clear this for me as balena is fairly new and there isn’t a whole lot of documentation.

Hey there! You can either use balenaCloud (our managed hosted version) or you can host openBalena yourself (https://www.balena.io/open/). All the infrastructure is open source and you can manage it in an air gapped environment if you wish!

i am approximately to construct my first home assistant and am pretty new to the sport. i just discovered balena and observe they’ve their own os and documentation on how to run home assistant. the query is;

i do not wan’t to run a gadget thats dependend on a cloud provider and that i cann 192.168.0.1ot discover if the balenacloud is purely for the deployment of your code and many others, or if it is also important for the home assistant to communicate with other devices. my go to alternative become going to be using zigbee. could someone please make clear this for me as balena is fairly new and there isn’t a whole lot of documentation.

AGREE!! WITH U