NTFS mounting support?

I know that NTFS is not supported in balena. I installed NTFS-3G but was still met with missing /lib/modules.

My question is it possible to add these modules manually? I have done this with other kernel modules but wanted to check here before making a big effort.

Thanks!

Hey, welcome back to the forums!

You can definitely compile and load the required modules yourself if they are required for your project. You said you’ve done it before but there is an example here if you need it: GitHub - balena-os/kernel-module-build: Example project for building an OOT kernel module in balena

If your Dockerfile builds the module, then you can run the container as privileged with the io.balena.featrues.kernel-modules label to have /lib/modules mounted in your container.

Sweet, I’ll dig in here soon and post progress.

Finally getting around this.

So far just using example project and putting this in there.

The issue is that it uses a Makefile.am, not sure how to manipulate either build.sh to take a makefile.am or somehow derive a makefile. Looking at other sources as well. Any guidance here would be great!

Thanks

Hi

Have you checked out our Labs project balena-samba - GitHub - balena-io-playground/balena-samba: Share your USB drive over the network using your IoT devic

I believe it has support for what you need.

Wow thanks this just saved me a ton of time trying to do a kernel install. :slight_smile:

:+1: