Multiple Apps on 1 Device?

Hi everyone
i have a quick understanding question
can i have multiple apps on 1 Device? with resin.os
because when i create 1 application on the dashboard, it tells me to download the resin.os img and put it on the device, but the device already has another one.

I think that this should of course work, for every app being a docker container right? but how do i do that?

1 Like

At the moment a resinOS device runs exactly one container. There are a couple of interesting exceptions to this though.

1. We have a multi-container approach in early stages of development at the moment.
  2. You can run docker-in-docker which will give you a multi-container architecture.

I’m going to provisionally mark this as solved, let us know if that’s not the case.

By the way, this is a relevant update from our team on the daily checkin: What are we working on? The Resin.io Notes

So it’s been a little while - is there any chance multiple applications will be added in the future? Is it on the roadmap? It feels like we’re losing one of the most important features of Docker, namely, the ability to manage several applications regardless of which device the application is running on.

1 Like

Hi,
We actually just added the ability to run multiple containers per device.
Let me share with you the link to the respective blog post:

Let us know how it works for you.

2 Likes