manifest for balenalib/raspberrypi4-64-ubuntu-node:focal not found

I noticed similar posts re Pi3. I see the dockerfile in github, but not in dockerhub.

Hello @mm-e1

Welcome to the balena Forums.

Please could you provide some details of the problem that you are having and what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks.

Hi, (in a rpi 4) when I create a dockerfile using FROM balenalib/%%BALENA_MACHINE_NAME%%-ubuntu:focal which results in balenalib/raspberrypi4-64-ubuntu:focal , I get the error: that it is not found. I do not see this image in Dockerhub, but it appears that there is a dockerfile here: base-images/Dockerfile at master · balena-io-library/base-images · GitHub

Hi Michael - I can see the same thing as you: source for the images but none tagged with focal on dockerhub. I’ve asked a colleague for some expert help here - and we’ll get back to you when we work out what’s happened. Thanks for reporting this!

Phil

1 Like

Hey there, we are still looking into why those images aren’t posted on Dockerhub, but in the meantime I wanted to provide you with a possible workaround.

In your Dockerfile.template if you replace %%BALENA_MACHINE_NAME%% with %%BALENA_ARCH%% you should be able to pull the balenalib/aarch64-ubuntu:focal base image which I confirmed exists. It’s mostly the same just missing a few raspberrypi-specific packages that you may not need.

You can compare the two dockerfiles here and see that the raspberrypi4-64 image is based on the aarch64 image.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Just want to let you know that the balenalib/raspberrypi4-64-ubuntu:focal is now available, there was an issue with a package we install for raspberrypi family base images that broke the build.

Please let us know if you need further support.

Thanks so much!