Inkyshot variables not working

Hi, I’m trying to get my Inkyshot display to vary between the quote and the weather at set intervals using the guide in the git hub repo however I can’t seem to get it working. Once I set the variable NEXT_DISPLAY + weather an ad the ALTERNATE_FREQUENCY variable the Inkyshot only displays the weather and does not go back to the quote. It’ll update the weather at the intervals set in the ALTERNATE_FREQUENCY but it won’t show the quote unless I get rid of both variables. Any thoughts?

Hi and welcome to the forums. I have tried that and you are right, this does look like a bug. I will notify my colleagues and will keep you updated.

1 Like

Hi @mat, thanks again for reporting this. I created a github issue to track this problem: https://github.com/balenalabs/inkyshot/issues/30

We will post an update as we address the issue.

1 Like

fast fix

• default --> quote only.
  • ALTERNATE_FREQUENCY set --> switch between quote/weather
  • DISPLAY_QUOTE = 0 --> showing only weather

substitute the last block of code in update_display.py after the comment
Alternate to other display code

if "DISPLAY_QUOTE" in os.environ and os.environ["DISPLAY_QUOTE"]=='0':
        os.environ["NEXT_DISPLAY"] = 'weather'
else:
        if(NEXT_DISPLAY == 'quote' and "ALTERNATE_FREQUENCY" in os.environ): 
            os.environ["NEXT_DISPLAY"] = 'weather'
        else :
            os.environ["NEXT_DISPLAY"] = 'quote'

1 Like

Hi folks
Can somebody tell me what to change in the balena dashboard to get weather info?
I´n not so great with ssh and python scripts

I´ve setup some variables but get this error:

Hey @mat, @manu, @buenso and anyone reading here, we fixed the issues revolving around weather display on Inkyshot. Thank you for reporting these and your patience.

Please update your Inkyshots to the latest available release on the project’s repository and update the relevant environment variables that come together with the update (details are in the Weather section of Readme).

Best wishes for joyful weathers :smiley:

What a nice christmas present :innocent:
Best wishes

1 Like