Fin HomeAssistant Device Offline

Thanks for all the responses - AND the heads up about the API outages. I had another ‘fleet’ with a single device (running Balena Sense) - and it was experiencing the same, intermittent ‘online’ reporting - even after I completely overhauled my entire network topology, VLANs, SSIDs, networks and firewalls to ensure I wasn’t somehow getting in the way of traffic flows, all of a sudden, and not realizing it. This does not seem to be the case, near as I can tell.

Thanks in advance for any #ProTips, other logs I can check, commands / diagnostics I can run, etc.

Peace.

Hello @snowake, are you still experiencing offline periods with your balenaFin setup? Have you had a chance to try an ethernet connection to rule out WiFi issues? To “get the config out of the device” you would want to back up the configuration.yaml file and any other .yaml files referenced in that file, usually stored in the same folder. This is likely on a persistent volume defined in your docker-compose file. I believe you can use the Home Assistant UI to remove ZigBee / ZWave devices but it may depend on your version. Any method described in the Home Assistant documentation or forums should be applicable though to your setup on the Fin.

1 Like