Failed to connect with local ssh

hello,

Most of the times i cant connect with local ssh command with balena cli

1. First i run balena login (successfully).
  2. Second i run balena local scan and i see the right response :
    Reporting scan results
    ** host: bc22465.local**
    ** address: 192.168.1.3**
    ** dockerInfo:**
    ** Containers: 15**
    ** ContainersRunning: 8**
    ** ContainersPaused: 0**
    ** ContainersStopped: 7**
    ** Driver: aufs**
    ** SystemTime: 2019-07-28T13:23:52.416392093Z**
    ** KernelVersion: 4.14.98**
    ** OperatingSystem: balenaOS 2.38.0+rev1**
    ** Architecture: aarch64**
    ** dockerVersion:**
    ** Version: 18.09.6-dev**
    ** ApiVersion: 1.39**
  3. And in the end i try balena local ssh bc22465.local – host or balena local ssh localip and the responses are :
    ssh: Could not resolve hostname bc22465.local: No such host is known.
    ECONNRESET: socket hang up
    respectively

Does anyone know what do i do wrong?
Thanks
Sakis

Hi there @xamsak,

A couple of things here might possibly be the reason. We’ve recently deprecated the local set of commands (from balena-cli version 11.0.0 upwards, so I’d suggest the first thing to do is to upgrade the client with npm -g i balena-cli to get the latest version.

Secondly, it sounds as if there might be an issue with the DNS resolver on the machine you’re running balena-cli on, as it doesn’t appear to be able to resolve the MDNS address of the device. Could you let us know which OS you’re using on this machine, as it will allow us to determine if you’re using Avahi or Bonjour (and also the version of the OS, please).

Best regards, Heds

Hello,

Finally i did it with balena-cli on a linux host and everything works fine. I dont know why that was happend when i was running this commans to balena-cli on windows 10.
The balena Os i use is balenaOS 2.38.0+rev1 and the ttype is Raspberry Pi 3 (using 64bit OS) (BETA).

Thanks anyway!

Glad to know that it works when you run on a Linux host, is there any chance you can provide us some more details about the windows 10 host that you had the issue with? It will help us replicate and track the issue.