Facing issue in balena push command

Hello
I have openbalena configuration on my local machine. Now I am trying to push the code on my end device using balena push <App_Name / Device_IP >

I am getting the following error:

➜ export DEBUG=1

➜ balena apps
Debug: original argv0="/usr/local/lib/balena-cli/bin/node" argv=[/usr/local/lib/balena-cli/bin/node,/usr/local/lib/balena-cli/bin/run,apps] length=3
ID APP NAME DEVICE TYPE  ONLINE DEVICES DEVICE COUNT
8  MyApp    raspberrypi3 0              0

➜ sudo balena push MyApp
getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND builder.api.test.com builder.api.test.com:443

Additional information may be available by setting a DEBUG=1 environment
variable: "set DEBUG=1" on a Windows command prompt, or "export DEBUG=1"
on Linux or macOS.

If you need help, don't hesitate in contacting our support forums at
https://forums.balena.io

For bug reports or feature requests, have a look at the GitHub issues or
create a new one at: https://github.com/balena-io/balena-cli/issues/

Hello,

Could you please set DEBUG=1 and run that command again?
So we get more context about the error.

It might be a networking issue. I wonder if it’s a DNS lookup issue as the address builder.ota.phynart.com is not resolved.

Can you test by running nslookup builder.ota.phynart.com and/or ping builder.ota.phynart.com from your machine?

Do I need to set builder as a subdomain for my primary domain?

I have set these 4 right now ( These are just examples of the real domain format )
api.mydomain.com
registry.mydomain.com
vpn.mydomain.com
s3.mydomain.com

Hey @Sharvin26 - the builder isn’t part of the openBalena stack; so you need to do a balena deploy ... which builds the images locally in your workstation’s docker and pushed them to the openBalena stack’s registry :+1:

Okay Thanks for the Response.

Is git push balena master supported for OpenBalena

I have one more doubt are the features Remote SSH and Geolocation available on OpenBalena. Also How can I check if update is successful on End device via OpenBalena.

@Sharvin26 no, the git push component uses the builder - so it is also missing.

Remote SSH works today via the balena tunnel ... command to bind a locally listening port from your device onto your local machine. I am not sure what feature on balenaCloud you are comparing to when you say Geolocation?

You can use the API or the CLI to see what release a device is running after an update.

@richbayliss Thanks for the Response

Remote SSH works today via the balena tunnel ... command to bind a locally listening port from your device onto your local machine

I’ll explore this and if I have any problem I’ll ask here

I am not sure what feature on balenaCloud you are comparing to when you say Geolocation?

There is a feature called location on Balena Cloud Dashboard. Is it available on Openbalena?

You can use the API or the CLI to see what release a device is running after an update.

Can you share the cli command for that Purpose?

Also are the Device Environment variable and Service Environment variable for Application and Devices are supported on OpenBalena?

@Sharvin26 the location feature is something that is handled by the balenaCloud API and isn’t part of openBalena.

Can you share the cli command for that Purpose?

# balena device abcde12345

== SPRING CHERRY
ID:                 144670
DEVICE TYPE:        intel-nuc
IS ONLINE:          true
IP ADDRESS:         192.168.35.132
APPLICATION NAME:   aspnetcore-amd64
UUID:               b4c9f0660ed67d22f1c561f285e8ad14
COMMIT:             523cc2d0665e0c4194089fe03c43e4fe
SUPERVISOR VERSION: 9.15.0
IS WEB ACCESSIBLE:  true
OS VERSION:         balenaOS 2.36.0+rev2
DASHBOARD URL:      https://dashboard.balena-staging.com/devices/b4c9f0660ed67d22f1c561f285e8ad14/summary

That should show you the specific of the device in question, including the release (COMMIT) the device is running.

Thanks So I can know about the update from the commit.

Also are the Device Environment variable and Service Environment variable for Application and Devices are supported on OpenBalena?

@Sharvin26 yes they are :+1: