eth0 not working on latest rev compulab iot-gate-imx8 boards with balenaOS 2.85.2+rev1

Hello,
Recently we received latest revision eval kit of iot-gate-imx8 and are unable to get eth0 to work. eth0 led keeps going on/off and is not able to exchange packets. eth1 works fine. Eth0 was not an issue with earlier rev boards and BalenaOS.
Please note, eth0 works just fine on base os shipped from Compulab. The issue only happens after running balenaOS.

Please let me know if you need additional info.
`
root@xxxx:~# cat /etc/os-release
ID=“balena-os”
NAME=“balenaOS”
VERSION=“2.85.2+rev1”
VERSION_ID=“2.85.2+rev1”
PRETTY_NAME=“balenaOS 2.85.2+rev1”
MACHINE=“iot-gate-imx8”
META_BALENA_VERSION=“2.85.2”
BALENA_BOARD_REV=“fba8222”
META_BALENA_REV=“34a41e07”
SLUG=“iot-gate-imx8”

serialpn=IOT-GATE-iMX8-D4-NA32-WB-JS7600G-XL-TIC-FARS4-FBCAN-V100-220414-0001c0306683

`

This is happening with multiple boards so not related to one particular board. Also just fyi, eth0 worked fine on Compulab provided Ycoto Linux that was running on the boards before flashing BalenaOS

Hi, thanks for letting us know. We will check if we have one of the new evalulation kits and look into it.

Thank you Alexgg. Please see below update from Compulab. Please let us know any estimate to get this resolved via base balenaOS as it’s stopping us from some critical testing which requires functional eth0.

The Ethernet PHY was updated to Realtek RTL8211E so following patches need to be integrated.

Thanks for the extra details. We will definitely update the BSP but unfortunately I can’t give you an ETA for it. For your development work I would suggest you build your own image as you suggest.

I have also linked the github issue you kindly created to this issue, so we will inform you in here once the issue is closed.

Hello Alexgg,

Thank you for the info. It will be great if this can be prioritize (at-least just porting couple patches) as most new user will likely hit this if they order eval kit recently.

Regards,
-Niranjan

Hi, thanks for your feedback, we will let you know as soon as we have support for this board.

Hi Niranjan,

We have released v2.98.33 for the iot-gate-imx8 and it includes a BSP update with the mentioned patches.

Best regards