EtcherPro With USB Floppy Drives

Just FYI EtcherPro can clone floppy disks as well as burn floppy images to floppy drives!

Using readily available USB floppy drives, I was able to clone a floppy disk to four others simultaneously. Some of the target floppies were not blank, so the EP will simply overwrite the contents of the target disk. (I assume it will write to unformatted floppies as well, but can’t confirm this)

In addition, I used Power ISO to create an image file of a floppy disk, loaded that image on a USB stick, and created four identical floppy disks of that image simultaneously.

Each attached drive also went through the validation process after flashing to confirm success.

Theoretically, you could create up to 15 floppy disks simultaneously with the EtcherPro!

Here are the drives I used with the Etcher Pro:

• Tendak USB Floppy Disk Drive - link

• Chuanganzhuo 3.5" USB External Floppy Disk - link

• KOOBOOK 1Pcs 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive Connector 34 PIN 34P to USB Cable Adapter PCB Board with Power Cable - link - connected to an old-school internal 3.5" drive such as a Sony MPF920

• Mad Dog Multimedia USB Floppy Drive (based on Teac FD-05PUW) - early 2000s device

NOTE: The drive below worked as a source, but not a target drive on the Etcher Pro:

• Nice2MiTu 3.5" USB External Floppy Disk Drive - link

If you try a floppy drive setup, please add your experiences below, along with any floppy drive model and its compatibility…

1 Like