Error pushing balenasound app using CLI

In the dashboard there is a relevant warning ^^ WRT to this when you try to add a new device. Can this be the case?

@zwhitchcox The wifi problem is probably due to a bad device. I installed the Raspbian OS and it seems it doesn’t find the Wifi network adapter. Makes sense.

Ohh never mind just saw you said that your device is a pi3 B+. Assuming that you checked the device’s wifi credentials and they are correct, if it’s not much of a burden you can try changing your wifi’s band to 2.4 just to test that the issue isn’t the band (2.4 vs 5 GHz). Also, I’ve seen cases that I had to change wifi’s channel in order to make some Pis to connect to it (2.4 GHz).

It is not a channel issue. The Raspian OS can’t use the Wi-Fi adapter at all. Probably a defective unit.

I see. With high probability you have a device with defective wifi. Also my colleague Scott investigates the error that you see in the CLI. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for enabling support access. Are you still able to trigger that error you saw originally? If so, please could you do so and then run balena whoami. Could I also ask which option you are using to login to the CLI? Thank you for your help with this.

Ah, we have reproduced the error now, so please ignore the additional bits of information I asked for above (we are working on a fix for that issue now). Thanks again for your help on that.

So I think, other than your wifi hardware issue, you are able to deploy balena sound normally now, is that correct?

Yes. I’m all good. Everything work like expected.

I appriciate all the help from all of you. Great support for a noob like me.