I have the following setup:
- BalenaFin v1.1 with CM3+ lite attached
- RTC battery (fresh, measured 3.24V) placed in its socket
- flashed Raspbian Stretch (using Balena Etcher)
- I2C activated in raspi-config -> Interfacing Options -> I2C
- last line of /boot/config.txt is “dtoverlay=i2c-rtc,ds1307”
However, the output of “sudo i2cdetect -y 1” still shows that there is no I2C device.
Other I2C devices (for example an ADS1115 a/d-converter) are seen by i2cdetect (after connected to the I2C pins), so I guess the I2C bus itself is working.
I also tried flashing the following operating systems and got the same result:
Raspbian (balena version from https://www.balena.io/fin/1.1/docs/downloads/)
Am I missing something?
Is there any way to tell if the RTC module is working/broken?
Any help would be appreciated.