Did something change with the VPN? lots of heartbeat only

Did something change with balena’s supervisor reporting or the VPN? Been using this for quite a while and never seen this many heartbeat failures and it has been happening pretty frequently lately.

+1
I’m wondering the same question as I’ve experienced the same behaviour lately…

1 Like

Hi, are you still experiencing this issue? I suspect we may have been rolling out some kind of update or maintenance at the time but would appreciate confirmation as to whether the issue as passed

This issue seems to have been resolved for that day, however, it is continually happening to other devices very often. Much more often than it did in the past. Right now I have a device directly beside me that is connected to the same network that I am on that is in heartbeat only but still seeing the logs stream through…

1 Like

@jordan-lumley could you please share more information of the devices that get into Heatbeat only status? Could you please share more details of the OS version and the supervisor version they are using?

@mpous Sorry for the massive delay - this issue is something that we just usually accept because we dont always need to remotely support a device but im writing this now as we have to support multiple remote devices and we are unable because they are in heartbeat only mode. Sometimes this just occurs and it happens across the board. We will go a couple weeks without the issue and whenever we dont have to do anything remotely to the devices then on well, however, its currently in that state now. We have somewhere around 35-40 devices and currently 18 of them have been in heartbeat only mode for about an hour now… All varying networks, not in house but out in the field at all different locations. Logs still stream in though… which is odd. Some devices are on the latest version of balena OS and some are on older version but the version doesnt seem to matter.