Deploy failed while deploying Balenablock Browser to OpenBalena

Hi, I am new to Balena. I have installed OpenBalena and the server is up and running. I can login to it using Balena-Cli. I have created a fleet and added a device to it(RaspberryPi 4) and I can see them listed through Balena-Cli.

Now I am trying to deploy an application(“Browser” - [GitHub - balena-labs-projects/browser: A drop-in web browser block]). But the deploy is getting failed. Please help me to resolve this.
Please find the error details below.

lijobc@Lijo-HP-Laptop:~/openbalena$ git clone https://github.com/balena-labs-projects/browser.git
Cloning into 'browser'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 771, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (160/160), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (80/80), done.
remote: Total 771 (delta 83), reused 109 (delta 66), pack-reused 611
Receiving objects: 100% (771/771), 1.02 MiB | 783.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (382/382), done.
lijobc@Lijo-HP-Laptop:~/openbalena$ ls
balena-cli  balena-dash  browser
lijobc@Lijo-HP-Laptop:~/openbalena$ cd browser/
lijobc@Lijo-HP-Laptop:~/openbalena/browser$ balena deploy swna-app
[Build]   Building services...
[Build]   browser Preparing...
[Info]    Building for aarch64/raspberrypi4-64
[Build]   browser Step 1/21 : ARG NODEJS_VERSION="12"
[Build]   browser Step 2/21 : FROM balenalib/raspberrypi4-64-debian-node:${NODEJS_VERSION}-buster-run
[Build]   browser  ---> 070ef0dcc883
[Build]   browser Step 3/21 : RUN install_packages     chromium-common     chromium     libgles2-mesa     lsb-release     mesa-vdpau-drivers     scrot     wget     x11-xserver-utils     xserver-xorg-input-evdev     xserver-xorg-legacy     xserver-xorg-video-fbdev     xserver-xorg xinit     xinput     xterm
[Build]   browser  ---> [Warning] The requested image's platform (linux/arm64/v8) does not match the detected host platform (linux/amd64) and no specific platform was requested
[Build]   browser  ---> Running in 5e3723dd6cad
[Build]   browser exec /bin/sh: exec format error
[Build]   Built 1 service in 0:36
[Error]   Deploy failed
The command '/bin/sh -c install_packages     chromium-common     chromium     libgles2-mesa     lsb-release     mesa-vdpau-drivers     scrot     wget     x11-xserver-utils     xserver-xorg-input-evdev     xserver-xorg-legacy     xserver-xorg-video-fbdev     xserver-xorg xinit     xinput     xterm' returned a non-zero code: 1

Additional information may be available with the `--debug` flag.

For further help or support, visit:
https://www.balena.io/docs/reference/balena-cli/#support-faq-and-troubleshooting

Hi,

It is basically complaining about trying to build an arm64 image on an amd64 platform.

I haven’t tried the cross-platform building myself yet (I usually just push it to the balenaCloud builders), but the article I linked should explain how to get it to work.

Hello @lijo-bastin and welcome to our forums,

please check the balena build ... ---emulated balena CLI command.
This should build the service image locally using QEMU as an emulated for the aarch64 target platform.
As the browser block is already supporting multiple architecture: aarch64, armv7, amd64, x86 you shouldn’t need any specific modifications to make it run on a RaspberryPi 4.

@TJvV thanks for linking the arm64 build guide. As of now, the blocks already supporting cross-platforms should be buildable by using the local --emulated flag without any other modifications.

Best Regards
Harald