Compute module 4 & Fin 2.0?

We would love to see 2x ethernet ports, rs-485, and a metal case for better temp regulation.

Presumably this would be active POE so we don’t have to worry so much about the input power.

1 Like

Second the metal case. It is also important to us that all connectors be secure due to high vibration in our working environment.

2 Likes

Could we get an estimated prototype date for the new Fin 2.0?

Stumbled on this:

Perhaps an inspiration for the Fin2

2 Likes

Thank you @barryjump yes! this is pretty similar of what we want to do! Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bluetooth 5.2 and/or a second expansion slot (mPCIe or M.2).

1 Like

Yes, double mpcie would be very very nice

Hi,

any news about the date when the product will be available ?

Regards

Hi,
any news from the team ?

Hi…Kind of - two Raspberry Pi 3B would likewise get two cameras, twice as many register centers, with a similar inactive current.

I have never arrived behind schedule of actual memory, (or seen trade go much above 5%), and am scarcely ready to utilize one camera up until this point. The “Balance” simply doesn’t appear to be a decent incentive, for “simple human” robots.

Increasing my broadly useful Pi 3B with a particular reason picture processor Hat - that seems like what’s to come

Received that Oratek Tofu board a few days ago and I can confirm it’s pretty nice. Very well made.

The only challenge is that it has an M.2 slot on the bottom (which is great for some) but I think a lot of us could use a full sized mpcie slot.

Still an excellent example of what Fin2.0 could be.

1 Like

Thank you for this :slight_smile:

I’ll switch to this board, because no delay an no news from the balena team.

Hello @hsd the balenaFin team is still working on the Fin 2.0.

I will ping them to send a new update meanwhile let us know how does it work the Tofu board for you with balena :slight_smile:

Hello,
thank you for your answer.

Tofu is a really good hardware I think that lots of people could switch from balenafin to Tofu because 21 days to say “i’ll ping them” :rofl:

@hsd Revisiting this thread to provide a status; currently there are no updates on the Fin 2.0, due to limitations on the supply chain for the Compute Module 4, the work on this product has been forced to a halt. We’re currently working on a hardware solution to enable our customers to deploy existing devices (RPi3/4) with industrialised form factors but this is still in a very early prototype phase. We will of course provide more details about this as the solution formalises. Thanks for your patience!

3 Likes