Change Application Type

When I create my fleets in balena-CLI, my application type output is like given below,

But, when I create my fleets in dashboard, my application type output is like given below,

What does the application type depend on and how can I change application type?

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your question @berfin.kacmaz

could you please tell more context of what type of fleet you create through balena-CLI and through balenaCloud? are they exactly the same type of fleet?

Thanks

1 Like

As I understand from balena dashboard usage while creating fleets we select application type like ā€œessentialsā€ , ā€œstarterā€, ā€œmicroservicesā€ etc,

To enable device public URL I think we need application type which is corresponding application type id 5. So, I want to create a fleet with application type 5, but I am getting an error.

When I run this code block on openbalena server I get previous error.

balenaSdk.models.application.create({ name: ā€˜Change_Appā€™, applicationType: ā€˜microservicesā€™, deviceType: ā€˜beaglebone-blackā€™, organization: 1}).then(function(application) { console.log(application); });

Would you mind to explain how can I achieve enabling public url of device on open balena server?

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

@berfin.kacmaz iā€™m checking why do you get the microservices error.

However openBalena does not allow straightforward to get a public device URL. You can read more here Public-url enable Error - #10 by richbayliss

This feature does not depend on the application_type

1 Like

I understand. Thank you so much :slight_smile: :sunflower:

1 Like

@berfin.kacmaz about the application_type on openBalena we only have the ā€œdefaultā€ application type. This have the ā€œsameā€ features that microservices offers in the balenaCloud, so you can avoid that parameter on the sdk create call.

1 Like

Thank you so much @mpous

1 Like