Cannot get pi-hole running on balena cloud - not being able to access public url

@hax I can take a look if you don’t mind, can you enable support access and share your device URL?

@hax sorry I missed your first post; it works without a driver in the default configuration because the PiTFT is supported natively and the driver is included in the default distribution. By setting dtoverlay=pitft35-resistive you’re loading the driver for that screen. As yours is different that driver isn’t working and we need to get you running a different one; one of the ones they’ve provided on GitHub.

Just so you’re aware, the pitft35-resistive relates to the .dtbo file that lives in /mnt/boot/overlays. If you look in the GitHub repo at what those install scripts are doing, they’re copying a .dtbo file and setting some configuration variables. You can try copying the file that relates to your screen (I am guessing it’s tft35a-overlay.dtb into the /mnt/boot/overlays folder and renaming it tft35a-overlay.dtbo as is happening on line 5 in this file; assuming that’s the correct one for your screen. You would do this on the host OS.

Hope this helps!

Everything is enabled for a week, should be able to login in and check

I just checked the host ios, doesn’t contain any files at all. I ls the host ios and theres nothing there, I might be doing something wrong.

dnscriptproxy contains mnt but its empty also

@hax I can no longer access your device to take a look, but there is some useful information regarding adding the overlay in this thread: Unable To Use TFT ILI9341 With Pi And Resin

@chrisys Reset, I will check the writeup and see if I can try to implement something from it

@hax I have copied the overlay from the GitHub repo you linked into /mnt/boot/overlays (tft35a.dtbo). You could now try updating your RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_dtoverlay to tft35a

@hax check out this thread: 3.5" TFT with RaspberryPi

@branchespark is using the piscreen overlay with a display from Amazon that looks similar to yours; maybe yours will work with these settings too.

@chrisys and @hax - yes, they look the same.

Assuming you’re using the WPE project, or another project with udev rules, then it really should be as simple as adding a few parameters and creating a new udev rule.

Let me know how you get on.

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay. Things have been a bit crazy. I will be looking into the pi and see whats going on. Will be taking your advice and see if I can get the screen working.