BalenaRequestError: Request error: Unauthorized when trying to login "balena login"

summary

I have followed the instructions to the letter. However, even after reinstalling, destroying and recreating volumes, deleting and recreating the config directory, whenever I try to login to openbalena I get BalenaRequestError: Request error: Unauthorized. Just to rule out weird password issues I literally created a password “password” . I read through BalenaRequestError: Request error: Unauthorized, but nothing in their helped me. I am happy to start from the beginning if it solves my issue.

turned on
export DEBUG=1
but this does not give me any more information.

Hi, Can you post the output from balena login please?

Ug, I finally got it. Always after I post for help. I am still not sure exactly what happened, but what I had to do to fix it was delete the openbalena_haproxy and openbalena_cert-provider images. For some reason, just deleting the volumes was not enough. I am not sure what error was introduced when they were first created because I did not do anything else different. But hopefully if someone else comes across this post it may be of some help.

docker image rm openbalena_haproxy 
docker image rm openbalena_cert-provider

Thank you @lucianbuzzo for your response, not sure if it will help at all now, but here is/was the output

| |__   __ _ | |  ____  _ __    __ _
| '_ \ / _` || | / __ \| '_ \  / _` |
| |_) | (_) || ||  ___/| | | || (_) |
|_.__/ \__,_||_| \____/|_| |_| \__,_|

Logging in to balena-cloud.com
? How would you like to login? Credentials
? Email: rpelletier@iot.domain.edu
? Password: [hidden]
BalenaRequestError: Request error: Unauthorized

Additional information may be available by setting a DEBUG=1 environment
variable: "set DEBUG=1" on a Windows command prompt, or "export DEBUG=1"
on Linux or macOS.

If you need help, don't hesitate in contacting our support forums at
https://forums.balena.io

For bug reports or feature requests, have a look at the GitHub issues or
create a new one at: https://github.com/balena-io/balena-cli/issues/

I considered just erasing the above, but I figured I would let everyone go ahead and see my stupidity. The answer was right there. For some reason it was trying to login to balena-cloud.com. Again, I changed nothing, but after deleting those images it changed its mind and decided to login in to my correct server. Odd, but for the most part the mystery is solved.

I’m glad it got resolved!