Balena CLI push project

I have read the documentation for hours. I successfully set up a application. Downloaded the image to Raspberry 4, got it recognized on the dash board. Now I want to get the balena-cam code and want to use the balena CLI to do it. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. I also cannot figure out how to get it off of Git, but I would prefer to not use Git. If I push the name balena-cam, it says target not recognized.

Please, point me in the right direction.

Hi @jgeez, welcome to the forums!

Were you able to successfully clone the balena-cam project into your computer? If you already see your device on the dashboard, the steps you need to do now are:

1. Get the code: git clone https://github.com/balena-io-projects/balena-cam.git, you can download it as a ZIP file if you don’t want to use git (click the green Clone or download button on github).
  2. Change directory: cd balena-cam
  3. Push the code: balena push <appName> where appName is the name of the application you created on balenaCloud, not the name of the github repo.

Not sure if you went through this already, but you should check out our getting started guide and the getting started section on the balenaCam project.

Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.