Wifi-connect does not remember previously connected network in raspberry pi3

I got wifi-connect to work in raspberry pi3 using the example given in the site https://planb.nicecupoftea.org/2019/01/11/balenas-wifi-connect-easy-wifi-for-raspberry-pis/

My issue is that with every restart of the pi, the network login is expected before the pi is connected. How can I get wifi-connect to remember the networks credentials that had been used so that it connects automatically on reboot.

The above example is for running WiFi Connect under Raspbian. Are you running Raspbian or balenaOS?

After you enter credentials with WiFi Connect and connect to a network, those are stored persistently no matter what the OS is and you should be able to connect to a network automatically upon reboot.

Looks like you are running into a different issue. Can you please provide as much details as possible to what exactly you are doing.

The above example is for running WiFi Connect under Raspbian. Are you running Raspbian or balenaOS?
After you enter credentials with WiFi Connect and connect to a network, those are stored persistently no matter what the OS is and you should be able to connect to a network automatically upon reboot.
Looks like you are running into a different issue. Can you please provide as much details as possible to what exactly you are doing.

Thanks for the response majorz. I am running Wifi-connect on Raspbian. After reboot, wifi connect hotspot came up the first time after the installation and I was able to add my network credentials. Unfortunately the network credentials did not persist after a reboot of the Raspberry pi again, instead the wifi connect hotspot came up.

This means I will have to always add my credentials if there is a reboot of the pi which is not very helpful when there is accidental power loss to the pi.

Any assistance to overcome this will be very helpful.

Thanks.

I rather think that by the time wifi-connect executes the connection is still not activated.

In the start shell script can you try adding a nm-online command before the iwgetid -r? This should wait in case there is an activating connection.

I rather think that by the time wifi-connect executes the connection is still not activated.
In the start shell script can you try adding a nm-online command before the iwgetid -r? This should wait in case there is an activating connection.

Hi majorz,
Adding “nm-online” before the “iwgetid -r” did the trick. Thank you so much for the help.

I also tried using “sleep 10” instead of “nm-online” it also worked.

I can now close this case

Good to know, thanks a lot!

Good to know, thanks a lot!