Using UniPi Balena OS Image with Balena Cloud

Hi,

in short I would like to run the Balena OS for UniPi (based on Raspberry Pi 4) on Balena Cloud.

What I did:

So I went on and installed Open Balena Admin to my Cluster: GitHub - dcaputo-harmoni/open-balena-admin: Open Balena Admin (btw ingressive project @drcnyc !)
Made this also running, created the custom device with the slug and boom, the device is running perfectly with openBalena.

So now my Question: Can I make this running with Balena Cloud? I think a K8S Cluster is a bit over the top even it was a fun project to learn. I just would like to have this device in my normal Balena Cloud dashboard. @floion you seem to be responsible for the balenaOS image of UniPi, maybe you can tell me more about that?

Thanks and best regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel, this device type was added as a customer request and hence it is not widely available. Our customer success team can contact you to discuss possibilities if you want to move forward.

Hi @alexgg this would be nice. Let me know whats the best way to start this and who I need to contact.
best regards

daniel

Hey Daniel, just a quick note to let you know that we haven’t forgotten - it’s just that things are a bit slower in the holiday period.

Hi Daniel, I have confirmed our customer success team is already in contact and working out a solution. Please re-open if that’s not the case.

1 Like