Reboot Loop on NUC12WSKi3 Balena OS 3.0.8

Computer with Balena OS reboot loops a few times before booting correctly.
Running supervisor version 14.11.10 with no additional configurations.

Hello @emeka1999 first of all welcome to the balena community!

Could you please confirm the version of the OS that you are running on your NUC12? Is now working properly after these few reboot loops?

Its Balena OS 3.0.8 rev1 and yes it works after a few bootloops.

Hello @emeka1999. Thank you for the additional information. I have a follow-up question. By any chance, are you using secure boot & full disk encryption? You will know if you are, as it requires explicitly configuring that both in the BIOS and in balenaOS BalenaOS secure boot and disk encryption for Generic x86_64 devices now available

Hello again @emeka1999. Never mind about secure boot and full disk encryption - I realized that you couldn’t be using that. So I have a different question. Which device type are you using? Intel NUC? Generic x85_64 (legacy MBR)?

Yes, we are using Generic( (legacy MBR)

Hello @emeka1999, I haven’t seen this issue on my NUC yet but I have a different model. Does the reboot loop happen only after provisioning/flashing the first time, or every time it reboots? If it’s the latter, you might want to turn on persistent logging so we can capture logs from the previous boots.

Are you running a development or production image? Do you have a screen attached to see any boot output?

when a shut it down. maybe once in 20 reboots it happens. I don’t know what to do to fix this.