node does not work with balena node-red

Hello there, we are still investigating, could you please confirm which type of device you are using?

rpi4

Well, I managed to reproduce it and it was not working for rpi4 due to some libraries missing

It will take a couple of day until we merge those changes into the code, but for now you can use the following code:

Just download that one (it is the same repository you were already using, but another branch) and do balena push to your application, I have just tried it on my rpi4 and it works

I hope you enjoy it

hi
I just tested but it doesn’t work, I still have the error:

nrgpio python command not running

Hi my colleague Juan added a PR regarding this. Would you mind to try this https://github.com/balenalabs/balena-node-red/archive/add_Dockerfilerpi4.zip out and tell us if it worked for you?

Hi, again my colleague confirmed that this branch is working on a pi4 and the changes are going to be included in the next version of the project.

i tested https://github.com/balenalabs/balena-node-red/archive/add_Dockerfilerpi4.zip

i have the same error

Blockquote

nrgpio python command not running

with the node :node-red-node-pi-gpio

Can you click the Deploy to balena button on the readme of this repo https://github.com/balenalabs/balena-node-red . The new version is available, This will deploy v2.2.1 of balena-node-red.

6275246e82a44d94688019c8e011f059

Can you confirm that this is working for you now?

Is there something else I can help you with?

no it doesn’t work

hello there, can you please try to describe the steps that you are taking to get this error?

please also include information like:

• are you importing an existing flow?
  • are you importing the required libraries from the Palette Manager?
  • are you importing any libraries or nodes from the console?

the more information you can provide, the better. We will try to reproduce your procedure and help you out

thank you

hi
I don’t have a lot of things

-add new device = RPi4
-select version: v2.51.1 + rev1
-download balena os
-sd flash card
-push balena -node -red -master

-add device service variables
(PORT, USER, PASSWORD)

node red
-manage the pallete
-install node-red-node-pi-gpio

can you test ?

Is this the library you are installing? and are you doing it from here?
If yes, I don’t see any problems, what are the properties you have set to those pins?

test this flow with rpi4

Hello !
That seems to be a problem with that the library, I might also be regarding the architecture of the raspberrypi4
I could reproduce the error on those particular pin, I have tried it on GPIO4 (pin7) and it works fine.

I will try to see if there is a workaround/fix for that, ut I couldn’t find anything so far

ok!!!, i hadn’t thought of testing it like this!

it works up to port 26

there is still a problem because we cannot use ports 27-> 40

Hi there,

So it seems like the pi-gpio library is at fault here. Juan has tried really hard to find a solution for you, but since it doesn’t seem to be a balenaOS issue, he’s come to the end of what he can do. Maybe you can ask for some support from the maintainers of the library?

Thanks,
Phil