Need to access all the hardware on jetson tx2 Orbitty

I need to access all the hardwares (usb , serial port) on jetson tx2 Orbitty

I found below link but i am unable to specify for which port which device is used , is not there anything which allow access to all the hardware

Thanks

Hi @yyogeshwar are any devices showing up in /dev/* directory. Also in order to access all the devices from the container, it has to be a privileged one to do so here is the docs section https://www.balena.io/docs/learn/develop/dockerfile/#using-dockerfiles-with-balena to check out.

Below is my compose.yml , i am not able to access usb / other ports , any suggestions i am missing

version: ‘2’
services:
utilities-service:
build: ./utilities-service
restart: always
network_mode: host
ports:
- 8080:8080
- 80:80
- 4000:4000
privileged: true
labels:
io.balena.features.dbus: ‘1’
io.balena.features.firmware: ‘1’
expose:
- “80”
- “4000”
m-service:
build: ./marvin-service
ports:
- “5900:5900”
environment:
- UDEV=1
devices:
- ‘/dev:/dev’
cap_add:
- ALL
labels:
io.balena.features.dbus: ‘1’
io.balena.features.firmware: ‘1’
io.balena.features.kernel-modules: ‘1’

using tx2 jetson with CTI Orbitty board.

Also , lsusb command is not showing any output

Hi,

Could you please give us the UUID of the device (or the device dashboard link) so we could have a look, as you’ve granted access? Unfortunately the device name in itself is not enough. We’ll then take a look at the device and get back to you.

Best regards,

Heds

device uuid - hidden

Great, thank you for your speedy response. We’ll take a look and get back to you when we have more info!

Hi,

I noticed lsusb in the host OS is not actually working, and that there are no USB device nodes present. Can you confirm the board is working correctly and that you have USB devices attached to it? Unfortunately it appears the device has also now gone offline, so I am no longer able to access it.

Best regards,

Heds

actually , board is working correctly and that USB devices are attached to it & behaviour is for 4 devices in total having same configurations

Without balenaOs when i ran it with nvidia image , i am able to see USB device nodes

Yeah , device gone offline , i am checking for it & will get back to you guys once resolved.

Thanks for letting us know. When it’s back online, if you could let me know I’d our hardware team to be involved with it so they can offer some suggestions.

Best regards,

Heds

device is back online now , please have a look at it

i am using multiple containers with privileged: true option , that might be cause of problem
when i am using single service in docker-compose.yml file , then lsusb is giving proper output but for multiple services its not working.

@hedss

@yyogeshwar I’ve asked our hardware team to take a look at this but in the meantime can you do any further testing to figure out at which point the problem begins to occur? You say if you use a single service in docker-compose it works as expected; is that service privileged? Perhaps it is when you add the devices mapping to multiple containers?

for this configuration it does not works

version: '2'
services:
  utilities-service:
    build: ./utilities-service
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
      - 80:80
      - 4000:4000
    labels:
      io.balena.features.dbus: '1'
      io.balena.features.firmware: '1'
    expose:
      - "80"
      - "4000"
  marvin-service:
    build: ./-service
    ports:
      - "5900:5900"
    environment:
      - UDEV=1
    devices:
      - '/dev:/dev'
    cap_add:
      - ALL
    labels:
      io.balena.features.kernel-modules: '1'

but for this it works

version: '2'
services:
  marvin-service:
    build: ./m-service
    ports:
      - "5900:5900"
    environment:
      - UDEV=1
    devices:
      - '/dev:/dev'
    cap_add:
      - ALL
    labels:
      io.balena.features.kernel-modules: '1'

Could you try this again with the devices mapping and cap_add removed? We’re thinking that this may conflict with the functionality enabled by setting UDEV=1.

Hi. This issue is solved in the latest OS release we did today. So please do a host OS update from the dashboard and update the device to version 2.45.1+rev1 and let us know if the problem is fixed for you.

its working now

Great! Thanks for letting us know